Here is the recipe for my Mexican veggie soup...
1 medium onion, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Large handful of chopped cilantro
1 can of tomatoes (I used the tomatoes with jalapenos)
1 small can of chilies
1 can of corn (I don't use corn because I don't really like it)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can of low sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add red pepper, jalapenos, zucchini, and carrot. Saute for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Add the can of chilis and corn, heat through. Add beans, then tomatoes. Stir together. Add the large can of chicken broth, bring to a boil, then let simmer for as long as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
1 medium onion, diced
1 small red pepper, diced
2 jalapeno peppers, diced
1 small zucchini, diced
1 carrot, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon cumin
Large handful of chopped cilantro
1 can of tomatoes (I used the tomatoes with jalapenos)
1 small can of chilies
1 can of corn (I don't use corn because I don't really like it)
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large can of low sodium chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
Saute onions in olive oil until translucent. Add red pepper, jalapenos, zucchini, and carrot. Saute for about 2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for another minute. Add chili powder, cumin, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Add the can of chilis and corn, heat through. Add beans, then tomatoes. Stir together. Add the large can of chicken broth, bring to a boil, then let simmer for as long as you like. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Author of post kerri10
No comments:
Post a Comment