Saturday, December 4, 2010

Gonna get serious

Sooo, I wrote that this was about my journey. You know, physically, EMOTIONALLY, and financially. Well, to let you in a little more to my life story, let's just say that I've had some very traumatic things happen in my life. I won't go into too many, but I will say that I was a widow at age 21.

Due to genetics and the stress I have bipolar disorder, severe anxiety disorder, and PTSD. In order to control these things I pretty much have to take a pharmacy everyday to keep myself from becoming a trainwreck.

So, this foray I'm taking into the health and fitness realm has been a rough one for me. Some of the medications I'm on either make me gain weight or keep me from losing it. Sometimes I feel like I've accomplished nothing and then I have to remind myself about the 8lbs I have lost without a program. Motivation has been a factor. With depression, sometimes you don't have the motivation to press play. I was doing great taking walks this summer and fall, but now I have to really work on it. But I found that pre-scheduling my workouts gives me the motivation to work out. I tried getting up very early at 0500 and that's just not for me. But, I have found that naptime has been a blessing. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment