Friday, December 17, 2010

Setbacks and Holidays

So, I sprained my ankle and foot, not once, but 2 times. The 2nd time is my foot and completely my fault. I was feeling ambitious and thought I could handle it so I got a little into Turbo Jam and now I'm regretting it. I feel like a bump on a log. The only calories I'm burning now are from housecleaning and taking care of the baby. Which is NOT going to help me when I go to my parents house. I'm going to have to double up on my Shakeology just to keep from overdoing it on the food. Did you know that the average woman gains 12lbs or half her yearly weight gain during the holidays?? I refuse to become part of that statistic.

Healthy things we can do for the holidays:
1. Isometric exercises- think tighten that butt, hold and release. Just like a kegel.
2. Never arrive hungry. Eat a little something before you go to that holiday party.
3. The party is not about food, it's about fellowship, spend more time with your friends than with the food.
4. Don't cram it in and keep count of how much you eat. I.e. Instead of shoving that hors d' ourve in your mouth at one time, take the time to enjoy it, and make sure you count how much you actually eat.
5. If the food is served buffet style, use the smallest plate offered and go for the "real" food like fruits and veggies. Stay away from the calorie-laden sauces and pasta salads.
6. Watch your alcohol intake. Not only will you lose control of yourself and therefore your food intake, but most are full of calories. For a great article on 8 healthy, low cal cocktails http://teambeachbody.com/about/newsletters/-/nli/197#81570118
7. Be picky about your sweets or bring your own. If you have a weakness for chocolate, save your cals for chocolate or if you know you have the will power to try just one of each then more power to ya. Or, you can bring your own, healthy sweet option.
8. Don't forget that just because it's a holiday, that it's a holiday from exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment