Friday, February 11, 2011

It's what women do

we ignore ourselves and we overdo it. Case in point. As far as this foot thing goes: It happened in December, when do I find out about torn tendons and get put in an aircast? Mid-January. I'm supposed to be taking it easy, not really doing anything but the minimum, definitely NOT DRIVING, but do I pay attention to what my body is telling me?? Umm no. Business has to be done, doctors have to be seen, prescriptions filled, and food bought and put away. All of this requires driving. Lots of it. Starting at 0830 and not ending until precisely 1557.

Why as women do we overdo ourselves? Is it because we think that if we don't do it then nobody else will do it? Comments?

2 comments:

  1. I think you hit the nail on the head. If we (as moms/ women/ military spouse ect) don't take care of it all, who will?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't exactly see my husband jumping off his butt on his day off (even if it is in the middle of the week) to go do all the things I did today.

    ReplyDelete